Sunday, June 1, 2014

Seoul-Searching in South Korea: Part 2 of 3 - City Tour and Attractions

Everland Resort Theme Park
Part 2 of 3 of my Seoul-Searching begins here, where everything consists of the city tour and attractions. The fun started the following day we landed in SK, where our first destination was a resort theme park, Everland. Everland's an adorable place, like the Disneyland of SK (or as how our tour guide pronounced it, "Dindinland"). The theme park was packed, making some of the rides two hours of waiting time! If ever you're planning to go to Everland, do ride the T-Express. It's SK's roller coaster ride made of wood (I know, I had my doubts regarding safety here. I mean, it's made of wood!) with a drop of over 150 ft and a speed of 100 km/h. I screamed the whole time. I got to ride it and it was the thrilling part of the day!

Everland Entrance!
A variety of rich-filled colors of flowers
THE T-EXPRESS! Seems scary isn't it? Because it is!
My little sister being hand painted!
There were a lot of attractions in the park but we couldn't get to ride them all because of the line! Man, I would've love to explore more of Zoo-topia, get to watch the Rose Festival parade, or attend a K-pop hologram show! See, there are lots of things to do in Everland, if only it weren't so jam-packed! We enjoyed our stay in the end either way.

Would've rode this but it looked nauseating!
I hope to step in your land again, Everland!
Gyeongbokgung Palace
As a tourist, one of my favorite parts in visiting a foreign country is heading to their cultural places to get to know more about the country's roots and origins. Visiting Gyeongbokgung Palace was one of my favorite stops in Seoul. Unlike Everland, I was relieved that there were only a few people around. Let me just say, the place is massive. It's a huge, huge, palace that was present way back in the Joseon Dynasty (about 600 years ago). Before entering the gates of the palace, we got right in the nick of time to witness the Royal Changing of Guards Ceremony. It was kind of a lengthy process since it's just the changing of guards. But hey, it's their tradition and their costumes were really eye-catching!

Royal Changing of Guards Ceremony
Gyeongbokgung Palace
Gyeonghoeru, used for royal banquets and entertainment
The place, like I wrote awhile ago, was like a small community, and it reminded me of the palace in the movie 47 Ronin (okay, that movie took place in Japan, but it was really similar). You will really get lost in Gyeongbokgung Palace, not only because of its vast setting but also to its beauty. The architecture is exquisite, as if the palace, known to be existing for over 600 years, AND was once taken down by the Japanese, remains untouched. Every nook and cranny of the palace just lures you in because of its mystery, like you don't care where it leads you to. I admire how their country gets to safeguard their culture, even though the palace is now set in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the city. South Korea may already be proliferating with modern technology, but they sure don't forget where they came from, or what they used to be, and this happens to be proof. 
The king's bedroom just right behind us
Garden and Chimney of Amisan, a "natural world for immortals"
Hey there!

Trickeye Museum + Ice Museum
Our next stop quite intrigued me because of the name, as we were going to a place called the 'Trickeye Museum'. The museum was so cool! The Trickeye Museum is a museum filled with 3D paintings where it looks like you are part of the paintings, and vice-versa, and it definitely tricked our eyes (after we got photographed). There were so many people inside, it annoyed me that I didn't get to take a photo of each of the cool 3D paintings. Nonetheless, the museum amused me! Great job, trickeye artists!
Now I'M the little sister!
Yum, sushi!
I don't know how my sister can climb the pole that way!
Floating
The Ice Museum on the other hand, is filled with sculptures made of ice, and it was FREEZING COLD when we went inside. I was expecting each of us will be given a jacket by the entrance...but not, they did not. We went inside, and even though I haven't been in the North Pole, I felt like I was in the North Pole! Fog was already already coming out of my breath. The cold was unbearable but I would recommend you visiting these museums!
Car made of ice!
My dad taking a dump!
Alrighty then, PART 2 OF 3 ends here! I hope you enjoyed reading it. I'll be uploading the very last part in a couple of days, so stay put, more tour and attractions to come!

Anything you'd like to share, comment, type it down the comment box below! If you haven't seen the first part of the blog entry, click the link here:


Shots taken from: Canon EOS 550D | Shots fired by: Me! (Credits to my mom and bro for taking pictures of me)

Next up: Seoul-Searching in South Korea: Part 3 of 3 - MORE City Tour and Attractions

2 comments:

  1. Aww man I was planning to go to the Trick Eye Museum! Didn't get to, though :( I love that "levitating" photo and the hanging on a post one too!! And that Ice Museum looks fun :)

    Thanks for dropping by my blog btw! I used a Nikon D90, to answer you question :D

    ♥ Erika from STYLE AND SUNDRY (http://e-rosales.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun, but too crowded for me! Good thing there was a mini-Trick Eye Museum in Lotte World! It is! Too cold for me, though! Haha. :-)

      I love the quality of your camera!

      Delete

Hello, viewer! Your comments are highly encouraged here. Feel free to post your thoughts!

I would appreciate it too if you spread the word about my blog! Many thanks!

- A