Friday, January 30, 2015

22 Thoughts From An Anxious Driver in Manila


Oh, Manila. You’re dangerously exciting. What I dislike about our country is our lack of discipline in the road, and this fact makes me really want to sing Carrie Underwood's hit song, 'JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL.' As a novice driver who's still testing the rocky roads of Manila, I could say that driving is fun, but the thought of driving with reckless drivers, detecting a blind spot, avoiding a cat in the street, and a whole lot else ultimately sends me to panic mode. Here are 22 thoughts that rack my brains whenever I'm behind the wheel:
  1. (Before unlocking the car) "Teka hindi kaya 'to maga-alarm?"
  2. "Don't step on the gas too much. ANG PAA LAGING NASA BRAKE."
  3. "Wait lang natataranta na talaga ako. Guys walang magsasalita sa loob ng kotse.
  4. "UM, MAY SIDEWALK KASIII."
  5. "May pusa may pusa may pusa"
  6. "Eto bigla na lang sisipot. E kung mag-signal ka kaya." (To every taxi driver ever)
  7. "Kakaliwa na ako, eto na. 'WAG MASYADONG MALAPIT SA GUTTER."
  8. "Pwede na ba akong mag-overtake? Sige na nga 'wag na lang. Damot."
  9. "THE CARS ARE TOO CLOSE TO ME."
  10. "So many reckless drivers I am going to cry."
  11. "Honking makes me so nervous please don't honk at me."
  12. "NO LOADING AND UNLOADING NGA E."
  13. "ANDAMING JEEPS WOW."
  14. "!@#$%!"
  15. "OMG bakit may motorcycle na sa tabi ko?"
  16. "ANG TRAFFIC HAHAHA."
  17. (Waiting at a stoplight) "Park or neutral? HINDI KO ALAM."
  18. (Tries to parallel park) "I can't do this anymore."
  19. "I will never text and drive. Ever. Promise."
  20. "Nasan na tayo? HALA."
  21. "AYOKO NA."
  22. (Finally leaves the car) "Oh no nakalimutan kong patayin 'yung aircon."



Photo/GIF Credits: Coolspotters | Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, viewer! Your comments are highly encouraged here. Feel free to post your thoughts!

I would appreciate it too if you spread the word about my blog! Many thanks!

- A