Saturday, February 21, 2015

Fringe Manila Presents: F(r)iction: A New Musical

From Edinburgh to Cape Town to Adelaide to New York, the WORLD'S LARGEST ARTS FESTIVAL has finally hit Manila! FRINGE is celebrated in over 200 cities worldwide, showcasing a variety of performing arts (theater, music, comedy, dance, play, etc.) by talents from different walks of life.

The Philippines now has its own Fringe Festival commonly known as Fringe Manila or Fringe MNL that was opened last February 12, 2015 and will run its 18-day festival until March 1, 2015. I haven't really heard of Fringe until someone shared it on Facebook and it suddenly piqued my interest. Theater, music, the arts, in general, hold a special place in my heart and I happily volunteered as one of Fringe Manila's photographer.

I couldn't attend all the festival days, although if my time permits, I would. The first play that I get to watch (and for free...perks of being a volunteer!) was a musical entitled F(r)iction: A New Musical. On Fringe Manila's website, it says that in this play:
“It’s the stories we believe that make us who we are”. Life is full of twists and turns, dead ends and blank spaces. “Friction: A New Musical” follows the journey of a brilliant upcoming writer who finds help from a stranger that challenges his whole concept of reality.
My college friend and I were assigned to document the play, and let me just say, that even though the play consisted of only three actors accompanied by just three background musicians, it was downright amazing. I wouldn't want to go into detail about the play, but let me just say that the plot twist was insane

If you're interested in the human's eccentric state of mind—and mix it in with heavy drama and great singing voices for more intensifying effects, then I suggest you watch this play. Further details regarding the dates and ticket prices are over here

Here are some of the pictures that my good friend Gene and I have captured. To be honest it was difficult for us to concentrate on documenting because we were so heavily engrossed in watching the play!


So, how will you Fringe this 2015? Go grab your tickets now! #FringeMNL

Shots fired from: Canon 550D


2 comments:

  1. I've nominated you for the Infinity Dreams Award! http://mylifeinatab.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/2-blog-awards_28.html
    Neriah | My Life In A Tab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated, Neri. Thank you so much!

      Delete

Hello, viewer! Your comments are highly encouraged here. Feel free to post your thoughts!

I would appreciate it too if you spread the word about my blog! Many thanks!

- A